Thursday, October 20, 2011

[RE] NDSSG

This is a nice post from David's Blog.
One show that was really amazing, but stop airing was a show called: Ned's Declassified School Survival Guide.
     This was one of my favorite shows as a kid and I'm really sad that they canceled it.  I think I have seen every episode they made for this show.  Ned Bigby, the main character, gives all of us kids helpful tips on how to survive school.  His two best friends are Jennifer "Moze" Mosely and Simon Nelson Cook "Cookie".  They go to James K. Polk Middle School.  It is kind of a fantasy school where crazy antics occur every day.  I one hundred percent agree with David when he states, "This show is very weird."  One of their friends is the Janitor, Gordy.  He spends all day streaming videos or trying to catch a pesky weasel.  This show also incorporates all of the middle school/ high school stereotypes. There are two main bullies.  Loomer and his two buddies, who harass Ned and Cookie every day, and the Huge Crew, who terrorize everyone.  Then there is Suzie Crabgrass, the sports star, most popular girl who Ned is desperately in love with.
     I can't believe they canceled this show.  From what I know, it was pretty succesful in its three seasons.  I guess the most logical reason is that the actors were getting too old.  The show's last season was when they were in eighth grade,so it would probably be hard to transition into high school.  This show was different from most other shows during the time.  I could really connect to it because it was all about school.  I loved all the tips that Ned gave us.  He had some very useful ones such as lockers and procrastination, but also some goofy ones like April Fool's Day and dodgeball.  Maybe there will be another show like this in the future.

1 comment: