Tuesday, October 25, 2011

[RE] Boring?

I found this quote from Peter's Blog.
Everyone always says that Alameda is hella boring.
    I agree to this quote to a full extent. I like Alameda. I think it's a nice small city, but has all the essential things like grocery stores, and restaurants and things like that.  I agree with Peter when he says that Alameda is very relaxing and it's good that everyone knows each other here.  Also, Peter states "I for sure would consider coming back here when I have a family. I think Alameda is a really nice place to live with a family."  When I grow up, I want to travel around the country and experience the lifestyles of other states.  However, when I settle down with someone and want to start a family, Alameda seems like a great place to do so.  It is a great little community.
     Towards the end of his posts, Peter says the one bad thing about all of this, "Alameda is hella expensive."  This is so true.  I feel that there is not much that you can do in Alameda if you don't have money.  There are some public places like parks and beaches, but that is not enough.  Every major attraction in Alameda requires spending money.  One of the places that make the most money is the Alameda Theatre.  It is very expensive.  It is like eight dollars for matinee, eleven dollars for a normal ticket, and thirteen dollars if you want to see a movie in 3-D.  The restaurants around Park Street also make a lot.  Some of them have student lunch discounts, but their prices are normally unaffordable for the average high school student.  Alameda is great, but not easily affordable.

No comments:

Post a Comment