Tuesday, September 13, 2011

[CE] US Open Finals

This is an exciting news story.
Serbia's Novak Djokovic has beaten Rafael Nadal of Spain 6-2 6-4 6-7 6-1 to win the US Open final at Flushing Meadows.
     I was not happy about this match because  I am a Rafael Nadal fan.  This match was almost complete domination by Djokovic.  Navak, being the world number 1, was favored, but not by that much. However, Djokovic has been playing great tennis this year, having only lost 2 matches, so it was not a complete surprise that he triumphed over Nadal.  The thing that I am most surprised about is how easily Djokovic won.  Nadal was dominated in every set except the third, where he narrowly won in a tiebreak.  Rafael broke Novak's serve six times, but his own serve was broken eleven times.  This year alone, Djokovic has won 64 matches  and three of the four grand slam tournaments, further extending his first place lead.
     My parents are huge tennis fans.  They watch tennis as much as possible, even recording every match of every tournament.  Whenever tennis is on, they hog the t.v. and I can't watch anything else.  So because of this, I know a fair amount about who's who in tennis. Ever since I started watching tennis, Nadal has been one of my favorite players.  I was super happy when he overtook Roger Federrer for the number one spot, but super sad when he lost it to Djokovic.  Unfortunately, i was not able to see the match because something went wrong with my DVR, and the match did not record.  There were many rain delays during the US Open, which changed the schedual of the games and messed up the tv listings.  My parents were very mad that they didnt get to see it.  Next year, I hope Nadal can comback strong and take back the position of the number one tennis player in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment